[inbox] [RC5] Percentile

Eugene Mah eugenem at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 17 08:27:04 EST 2006

 From Webster:
Main Entry: per·cen·tile
Pronunciation: p&r-'sen-"tIl
Function: noun
: a value on a scale of one hundred that indicates the percent of a
distribution that is equal to or below it <a score in the 95th percentile>

It just tells you that if you're in the Xth percentile, there are
X% of the participants below you.

Eugene

Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR               eugenem at ix.netcom.com
Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    maheug at musc.edu
Department of Radiology               eugenemah at gmail.com
Medical University of South Carolina  "For I am a Bear of Very Little
Charleston, South Carolina             Brain, and long words Bother
http://www.netcom.com/~eugenem/        me."   Winnie the Pooh
http://radinfo.musc.edu/~eugenem/blog/
PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-