[RC5] New Client questions

John Braley hawkeye at tks-net.com
Sun Jan 22 20:18:00 EST 2006

Having run the updated the new clients that were posted right at the end
of 2005, I am really amazed at the speedup that was achieved on OGR (my
main project). Both my AMD and Intel machines got a nice little boost,
at least Intel needed at the least. I do however have a question to
throw at you:

Will any of these speedups make it into the x86_64 Linux scene anytime
soon? I understand the majority of the speed came from MMX work.

Currently running the v2.9011-496 for Linux/x86_64 yields me
approximately  73million nodes/sec. On a AMD 64 x2 2.6per core.
Running the new *v2.9012.497* versionon XP64 yields about 64million
nodes/sec, an increase of about 15 million nodes/sec from the previous
version.

And lastly, has any progress been made on the XP64 version? I see that
the bug logs have not been updated in ages. But I had hoped that now
that XP64 has been out for a while along with Windows Server 2003 AMD64
we would see something useable.

-Hawkeye
http://www.team-ninja.com