[RC5] Help with justification of running Dnet at work

Earl Stenlund havoc at totalhavoc.net
Fri Mar 17 09:30:03 EST 2006

To be honest I know what is happening in the lab. We run a device that
'write protects' the hard drive. The users can do what every they want and
when they reboot everything is back to normal. The product uses a hidden
temporary partition to work from. If the machine is not rebooted for say a
week or two that partition fills up and the machine can freak out. We have
tried to explain this to him but he refuses to listen. He says it is D.net
doing it. You reboot the machines and they run fine. I mean for god sacks he
is bitching about powerpoint being slow at launch. If I go down there reboot
the machine powerpoint loads fine.

The thing is, they can stop the dnet process. It lauches from a login
script. They can end the program at anytime. That and the administration
still supports me on it. They just want to 'reevaluate' the situation to
shut the instructor up.