[RC5] Has anyone else noticed this??

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:45:19 EDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Paul <paul.m.nz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just recently I've started playing around with VMWare. Using win2000
> as the host and various OS's as guests I've found that using PC-BSD
> (http://www.pcbsd.org/) as a virtual machine I get up to 11 million
> keys a second.

Never ever benchmark anything inside a virtual machine. Clock in the
VM isn't accurate enough for measuring small quantities of time. You
can feed dnetc some work and measure time with a "wall clock" (host OS
clock, your watch, NTP? :) ). Then you can calculate the real keyrate.

AFAIK, VMware's license forbids benchmarking at all. Can anyone
correct me on this?

Dmitri Gribenko