[RC5] time spent on RC5-72

Joseph Kaye jkaye at isd.net
Tue Aug 28 12:52:34 EDT 2007

bert wrote:
> With the amount of time passed so far with RC5-72,we are almost at the
> mark when RC5-64 finished, at 1757 days(when the key was found) or
> technically 1800 days when it was stopped. At the current rate I doubt
> if we will ever see 1% before the 10th year anniversary of RC5-72 or go
> as far as RC5-64 did in anyone's lifetime lol.
>

> Bert O'Dell

And don't forget that the new PS3 and the NVidia clients that'll be
coming out will put a serious hurt on RC5-72. I believe that the PS3 was
quoted doing on the order of 150Mkeys/s and the NVidia clients were way
up there as well - something like 18Mkeys/s for the budget GeForce 8500
boards, and I guess about 140 Mkeys/s for the 8800 GTX's.

--Joseph