[RC5] RC5-72 Clarity?

Danie van Heerden danievh at csnet.co.za
Wed Jun 6 08:34:30 EDT 2007

Yes, we have have switched to OGR-P2 two days ago. But with it going to be
completed, all our clients will be going to the abyss and it would have been
cool to when we reload our clients, to implement a client that can at least
update itself with the required core.

Additionally, if we could do updates from our own servers, we could keep the
config so that they keep on flushing to our servers and save bandwidth for
distributed.net

Maybe someone can write a small app (that is updateble as well) to run as a
service to install the current client, check for updates, and if a newer is
found, stop the service, download the client and install it and then start
the service again. The process is pretty straightforward and the best about
it is that it will be able to update the .ini file as well.

Any ideas?