[RC5] RC5-72 Clarity?

Robert A. Rosenberg dnet at rarpsl.com
Wed Jun 6 19:52:11 EDT 2007

At 07:28 -0400 on 06/06/2007, Fuzzy Logic wrote about Re: [RC5]
RC5-72 Clarity?:

>As for your suggestion of automatic core updates: I find it
>interesting, but completely impossible without a first-step manual
>effort to replace all existing clients out there one time. The way the
>current distributed.new clients work is to retrieve work units, none
>of which are executable. They don't have the capability to ask for
>anything else or for dnet to push anything else to them.

That does not preclude the client from checking if it is at the
current level and (somehow) if requested to inform the user that
there is a more current version (which would then be manually
downloaded and installed). This option, of course, would need to work
off a parm setting and would be disabled by default.