[RC5] RC5-72 Clarity?

Jim C. Nasby decibel at distributed.net
Thu Jun 7 11:28:16 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:03:51AM -0700, david fleischer wrote:
> What about the "parameters"?
> Now D.net decides on the winner.

If you're referring to knowing when we've found the correct key, it is
incredibly unlikely that there are two keys that would decrypt to
something starting with "THE SECRET MESSAGE IS" and then actual english.
So it's safe to say that the first key we hit that meets those
parameters is it.

> What about the prize?

That's currently undecided. We're looking at various options there.