[RC5] RSA Secret-Key Challenge Termination

Greg Lobring globring at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:53:35 EDT 2007

Personally I don't foresee myself continuing to crunch RC5-72 keys with the
discontinuation of the challenge by RSA. In fact, I've already disabled the
RC5-72 project on all my clients, they are doing only OGR work now. As it
stands with yesterday's stats, it could be well over 1,000 years before
RC5-72 is done. Even with progressing technology, I don't see that
diminishing too much in my lifetime. I've put over 1,630 days (over 4 years)
into the project, and seeing it at only 0.415% complete is a little
depressing!