[RC5] [inbox] Secret-Key Challenge status

Eugene Mah eugenem at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 21 09:45:00 EDT 2007

Jeff Lawson wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> It is with great sadness that we must announce that RSA Labs has
> decided to terminate the RSA Secret-Key Challenge, which impacts the
> RC5-72 project and all of the remaining RC5 challenges. This means
> that RSA Labs will not confirm any solutions or award any additional
> prizes, should a correct solution be found. Furthermore, we have
> received a statement indicating that they will not be disclosing the
> solutions to the unsolved challenges. More details can be found on
> http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2100 (Note that the page should
> state that the RC5-32/12/8 solution was recovered on 14 July 2002, not
> 28 January 1997.)

Guess I will switch my clients over to OGR.  Hopefully there won't
be much of a wait for a new project to work on once the current
OGR project is done

Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR               eugenem at ix.netcom.com
Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    maheug at musc.edu
Department of Radiology               eugenemah at gmail.com
Medical University of South Carolina  "For I am a Bear of Very Little
Charleston, South Carolina             Brain, and long words Bother
http://www.netcom.com/~eugenem/        me."   Winnie the Pooh
http://radinfo.musc.edu/~eugenem/blog/
PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-