[RC5] RSA Secret-Key Challenge Termination

Jim C. Nasby decibel at distributed.net
Mon May 21 11:47:19 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 08:40:30AM -0700, Kevin McCoy wrote:

> I'd like to echo Greg's comments. I stopped doing RC5 long ago and
> took up OGR instead since the RC5 project time frame is a bit
> absurd.
> I do think we will lose a lot of participants that were interested
> in the prize money or "sticking it to the man", so the next new
> project should be chosen well.
> So for now, lets focus on OGR and whatever new project comes next.

There's something I should mention about "what comes next"... One of the
biggest drivers for that will be people stepping up to bring new
projects to distributed.net. All of the client code that's needed is
available for download, and we'll happily work with folks on the
required back-end changes. There are some folks that are discussing
various new projects, but nothing will move that process along like
someone willing to actually get some code running.
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect            decibel at distributed.net