[RC5] RSA Secret-Key Challenge Termination

Dead J. Dona deadjdona at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:51:42 EDT 2007

On 5/21/07, Greg Lobring <globring at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I don't foresee myself continuing to crunch RC5-72 keys with
> the discontinuation of the challenge by RSA. In fact, I've already disabled
> the RC5-72 project on all my clients, they are doing only OGR work now. As
> it stands with yesterday's stats, it could be well over 1,000 years before
> RC5-72 is done. Even with progressing technology, I don't see that
> diminishing too much in my lifetime. I've put over 1,630 days (over 4 years)
> into the project, and seeing it at only 0.415% complete is a little
> depressing!

after finishing rc5-64 I dont even start -72 and switch totally into OGR.

well, as somebody mention a few projects that can be completed in a week
with d.net power - this can be a chance. havin a lot of cpus admiты can put
out unoptimized cores, even if it took a 2 week instead of 1 week with high
optimization - who cares? 1 or two weeks and 1000 years... big deal...

===