[RC5] RSA Secret-Key Challenge Termination

Gerald Richter glassman1 at neonshadow.net
Tue May 22 10:39:11 EDT 2007

Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> Something worth mentioning... we have been working on cores for both PS3
> and Nvidia (yes, as in video cards) that obtain keyrates pushing
> 200Mkeys/sec. To put that in perspective, 200Mk/s would put you at the
> #66 spot in yesterdays stats. It would take less than 700 of these
> clients to *double* what the rest of the entire network did yesterday.

Hey, I wanna try those out... :) Well, the nvidia one anyway... I
haven't gotten around to acquiring a PS3...

> Personally, I think it would be a shame to officially close RC5-72
> without at least taking these new cores for a spin.

I was always in RC5 for the point/stats... Only one person getting the
prize money told me that my chances were pretty darn slim, so it doesn't
matter to me. I want to continue it. If we manage to fry it fast enough,
power to us.