[RC5] Secret-Key Challenge status

Coran Fisher salyavin at gokuraku.fcac.com
Wed May 23 15:45:49 EDT 2007

In the ancient texts SideWinder wrote:
> simulation, climate simulation, NEO tracking, etc.). Can Dnet really
> point to an obvious immediate use of confirming the shortest known 25
> mark ruler, or even finding a shorter one? Will someone actually change
> their practical applications, if a shorter ruler is found today?

I am extremely ignorant of Optimum Golum Rulers and their practical
applications but I just thought I'd start with a Wikipedia article.
If you look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golomb_ruler
"One practical use of Golomb rulers is in the design of phased array
radio antennas such as radio telescopes. Antennae in an [0,1,4,6] Golomb
ruler configuration can often be seen at cell sites."

Someone more knowledgable can give more information I'm sure but I hope
that gives you a starting point.