[RC5] RSA Secret-Key Challenge Termination

Paul Kurucz pkurucz.list at gmail.com
Fri May 25 08:09:45 EDT 2007

Written by Coran Fisher:
> In the ancient texts Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho wrote:
> > Just to make things clear, this is specifically for G80 GPU cores
> > (the 8x00 series), it won't run on anything else. The performance is
> > excellent in the 8800GTX model, pretty good in the 8800GTS model, but
> > probably abysmal on anything below that, given the way Nvidia
> > crippled the lower models.
>
> Would I be correct in that it would only support Windows?

Both Linux and windows is supported.  Development was done primarily
in Linux.  We are waiting on version 1.0 of the toolchain to see if
they have optimized the compiler, added proper support for dynamically
linking against the cuda libs and worked out the driver's tenancy to
hog the main cpu issue.

See http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/122097561/m/766004683831
for performance details.

pk (aka the_butler)