[RC5] Vote for RC5-72

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at gmail.com
Sat May 26 18:31:36 EDT 2007

I don't believe that most participants does this because of the cash price.
I guess the majority of the people are aware of the fact that their chance
of getting the price is pretty slim so that's not the driving force for
most.
The loss of the sponsor, and this sponsor in particular, is a bad thing for
dnet and also a blow for distributed computing as a whole. Some think RC5-72
takes too long time to complete but that's just how it is, it's a heavy
task, take it or leave it.

Before "that" announcement I ran RC5-72 on four work computers and on my
home computer. Now I've switched to OGR-25 on the computers at work and have
started running folding at home on my home computer.

I hope that RC5-72 will continue for all the people that has worked on it
for a long time and still do, with or without a cash price.
New projects after OGR-25 and clients for GPUs/consoles on all active
projects will be of major importance when it comes to getting new people on
board and old participants back in.

Greetings,
Anders Pedersen
anders.pedersen at gmail.com

AIM / ICQ / MSN / Yahoo! / Jabber (Google Talk)
Pedersen1978 / 92966372 / anderspedersen1978 at hotmail.com / anders1978no /
anders.pedersen at gmail.com