[RC5] RSA Secret-Key Challenge Termination

david fleischer cilantro_il at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 04:38:50 EDT 2007

Hi,
This is great! As we know, the RC5 is np-complete. Which
makes it important, but a little "dry". There are incentives;
the development community, the cash, the incremental
improvements of which the hardware accelerators should
be an important part (check out the EFF cracker).

As you say, the factoring challenge is in addition a more
fertile research field in that a substantial portion of the alg-
orithm has to be adapted to distributed computing. Namely
if I'm not mistaken a huge matrix solver has to be developed
for distributed computation. Think of the potential applications
for this...