[RC5] Vote for RC5-72

James Spinks vi731ua02 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 28 20:18:20 EDT 2007

Honestly I was only partly in it for the money.  The odds of me ever winning
it were infinitesimally small, however the odds of one of us winning it were
much greater, and therefore dnet would have got their cut of the winnings
(which doesn't seem like a terrible idea).  I'd already pretty much switched
to OGR (only doing RC5-72 when I ran out of OGR blocks after straying too
far from my pproxy).  With the news of the withdrawal of official RSA
funding I find the only remaining reason for cruncing RC5-72 is stats -- and
I can get those with OGR as well.  I've increased the number of OGR blocks I
download now and should find myself crunching RC5-72 much less often (if at
all).

I vote keep RC5-72 running for those that want it but downgrade it to the
secondary project (ie. all the clients will default to OGR instead) and the
'winner' won't get any prize money...

On 5/29/07, RC5 rc564-at-rambler.ru |distributed.net| <
...> wrote:

> * Paulo Ribeiro <paulo at pauloribeiro.org> [Sat, 26 May 2007 22:41:09
> +0100]:
> > cuxx at gmx.net wrote:
> > > Please don't stop the projekt. This is my vote for RC5-72.
> >
> > If people want to continue crunching keys then let them! At least that
> > way they'll stick with distributed.net, which is probably good. :)
>
> I agree with that all. I'm voting for RC5-72, to continue the project
> and remaining with D.Net.

James Spinks