[RC5] 10th year Anniversery

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Tue Oct 23 16:24:08 EDT 2007

The problem with re-visiting old challenges is that it is a waste of time.
People are donating CPU cycles for worthwhile causes, not to redo what
has already been done. I have a feeling that you will get a mass exoduses from
DNETC if we start opening up old projects.

As Bartek put it best:

"To compare the computing power with older machines take a pen and paper and
have a look at the stats."

It would be more worthwhile to developing new projects, or collaborating with
the @home system. They could learn from DNETC's simplicity, size, efficiency,
clients, while we could gain access to a lot of worthwhile projects.

Philippe