[RC5] AVG detects dnet.exe as a trojan and deletes it

Gregory Sigman sigman at ohio.edu
Mon Sep 17 15:46:35 EDT 2007

>Sophos also treats this program as Malware. I had a dnetc client
>installed om my
>PC at work (not as a service) but after a Sophos update last week
>the client was
>detected as Malware.

In all fairness to the virus detection industry, there are still a
goodly number of shady characters who will install dnetc without
permission on the computers of anyone they can gain access to, and
not always via a trojan. A badly configured dnetc, particularly on a
laptop or a less-than-well-made machine can go a long way towards
toasting the poor thing. Many computers are really not okay with
running flat out 24/7.

Greg