[RC5] AVG detects dnet.exe as a trojan and deletes it

Unrau, Trevor unraut at aecl.ca
Tue Sep 18 12:42:48 EDT 2007

McAfee still detects dnetc.exe as a trojan and wants to delete it (depending
on the policy setting made by the network admins).  I got around this by
renaming it to dnetc.vir (note to trojan writers - McAfee ignores anything
with ".vir" extension).  I then execute the program from a batch file, and
it has been working since then with no detection problems.

-->Trevor.