[RC5] Various antivirus programs detect dnetc.exe and .scr as a trojan

Decibel! decibel at distributed.net
Tue Sep 18 16:44:02 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 01:52:36PM +0200, Fredrik Elversson wrote:
> All users could ofcource point out to the various antivirus solutions that it is a false positive, but I think it should come directly from the staff at distributed to make things happend.

While we'd obviously be happy to work with antivirus vendors so that
they have the facts, the truth is that one of their customers calling
them is going to have far more effect than us contacting them. Having 10
or more customers call is really likely to get something done.

So, if your antivirus software is reporting dnetc.exe is a trojan,
please contact them and ask them to fix their database.

BTW, as I mentioned before, it would be useful for them to contact us
with information about what they've seen from the trojans, such as what
email address they're reporting on.
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect            decibel at distributed.net