[RC5] RC5-72: status request

Ed Wensell III ewensell3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 21:55:33 EDT 2008

--- On Mon, 8/11/08, bert <bertodell at suddenlink.net> wrote:

> Release Date: 7/2/2008 7:02 PM
> >
> I would love to see that theory tested out,but I don't
> ever see that
> happening no matter what one might say,and half the
> keyspace? It's
> possible the winning key is at the beginning,or in the
> middle,it could
> be found tomorrow,but I see many years of crunching unless
> one finds
> 500k or more crunchers now(like I said not going to
> happen.)

Folding at Home has 600k* registered PS3's. Why not d.net??

* - Ok, there's only around 39k "active" PS3s at any given time (ie. units reporting within the past two days). Compare to RC-72's overall 3k "active" participants at any given time.

Sony's support probably has something to do with it.

--
Ed Wensell III

24/7 support is only available for 3.428571 hours per day.