[RC5] CUDA for Windows

SideWinder sidewinder at kolumbus.fi
Wed Apr 1 09:46:36 EDT 2009

On 1.4.2009 11:12, Dead J. Dona wrote:
>     I thought that the CUDA client was supposed to be eyeball scorching
>     fast.  I have an AMD Phenom II box that runs Windows XP Pro and the Dnet
>     client.  Around 50,000 in RC5-72 is the usual throughput,
>
> you mean 50k blocks per day?

I don't think so. Assuming 2^32 blocks and 100% utilization for 24
hours, that would be 2486 Mkeys/s, which is much more than even the
fastest GPU on the planet can do (GTX 295 about 900 Mkeys/s). 50 Mkeys/s
for 100/24 results in 1005 2^32 blocks per day.

>     Can't seem to run both (though I wonder why),
>

> dnetc.exe -multiok

And as I wrote earlier, you can even run the CUDA client with the screen
saver launcher if you put "dnetc_opt=-multiok=1" as a system variable.

--

PGP key ID: 0x77CCE3D6

___Computer Science: solving today's problems tomorrow.