[RC5] distributed.net "news"...

Kevin McCoy kgmccoy at idk-inc.com
Fri Apr 24 10:54:30 EDT 2009

Distributed.net used to have a big text file of raw stats on their site
for machine-reading. I don't know where it went, and it no longer seems
to be documented. It was documented on the DNET site at one time - maybe
I just couldn't find it when I checked a few months ago.

Even that big text file didn't serve my needs so I wrote my own
Distributed.net stats pages web spider. I create graphs and tabular data
from the DNET stats, add them to stats from our team cow logs and
display them on my team's stats web site.

XML would be nice. I'd need team-level and personal-summary stats in XML
format. I think the old text file held only personal summary stats.

I don't care about personal historical key-rates in XML. I heard that
was a pretty CPU-intense stat for the DNET stats server to generate.

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy

Cracking keys 24/7 since 1997