[RC5] Uninstalling windows client

Kevin G. McCoy kgmccoy at idk-inc.com
Wed Aug 12 10:47:11 EDT 2009

Zoe,

If you are running the client as a service, just kill the process in the
task list, then overwrite the old EXE with the new one.

Restart the process in the services list or reboot.

If it won't start or is missing from the services list after a reboot,
then you'll have to run the dnet client in a DOS box like so:

dnetc -install
dnetc -svcstart

If you are not running the client as a service, just overwrite the exe
with the new version and restart.

The client may gripe if the I/O files are from a really old client, so
you may want to flush first, if your installation is not too sideways.

No magic involved, and you don't really need to deinstall-reinstall.

I have been running the client on hundreds of machines since the late
90's and I don't think I have ever used the deinstall.

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy