[RC5] cuda in crossfire or sli

SideWinder sidewinder at kolumbus.fi
Wed Feb 25 21:15:26 EST 2009

Hi Bert,

On 26.2.2009 2:43, bert wrote:
> Hey does the cuda client detect 2 cards if you are in sli or
> crossfire(or tri sli?)????? I'm sorry but ever since the cuda client
> came about I've been slobbering about the possiblities(been crunching
> since 2000 with the dnetc client,been a  long time I've felt excited
> about something....)

CUDA/Stream don't need SLI or Crossfire to support multiple cards. Those
are needed to support shared 3D rendering of the same scene. All you
need is that the cards are connected to a bus which the CUDA/Stream
drivers support (PCIe). I don't know if the Dnetc CUDA client supports
multiple cards though. It shouldn't be any problem, since other
distributed GPGPU projects do it.

--

PGP key ID: 0x77CCE3D6

___Computer Science: solving today's problems tomorrow.