[RC5] CUDA client problems

Kevin McCoy kgmccoy at idk-inc.com
Thu Jan 29 21:34:15 EST 2009

I am having lots of problems with the CUDA client. I wonder if anyone
has had similar issues or has any advice?

I have tried all the service/stand-alone permutations of CPU and CUDA
clients, trying to run them simultaneously. Nothing works. I can run
either one quite nicely, but not both at the same time.

If I install one as a service it deinstalls the opposite one.

If I run one stand-alone, the other refuses to start in stand-alone
mode.  If I try running one as a service, the opposite one won't even
start in stand-alone mode.

I have the EXEs for each of them located in separate subdirectories.
They don't share any files or buffers.

My goal is to install them both as services, since I want them to run in
the background, even if I am not logged in. Has anyone had any luck at
all getting them both to play nicely on the same machine?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, overclocked & water cooled
ASUS Striker II Extreme motherboard
2 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS, overclocked
XP SP3