[RC5] OGR cuda client?

Andrew Hime andrewhime at verizon.net
Mon Jun 8 21:09:44 EDT 2009

For some reason, they started off by doing RC5 on CUDA. There is a bug entry to do OGR, but so far there has been little progress... As with all the recent core improvements. It's pretty baffling that with two projects on the roadmap that are projected to be 15 years from complete, there seems to be quite a bit of apathy/indifference on making them end faster.

The guy who did the SSE OGR core has huge gratitude from me. It seems like it's about time to finish off the 64-bit OGR core and get them tested and out there. Further optimization can come in a later version. The people arguing on the Stream bug to hold back release so it will support dual cards drive me nuts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
bert wrote:

Dunno if this has been asked,but  is(was) OGR being considered to be
along side RC5-72  doing CUDA? Just curious,since I can't remember if
this was discussed or not.

Bert