[RC5] CUDA on Integrated Video Card

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Fri Nov 13 22:09:30 EST 2009

Ok, stumbling blocks.

1- If I download and install the drivers from NVIDIA
(cudadriver_2.3_linux_64_190.18.run) ,  I get the following error:

ERROR: Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running
kernel.  Please make sure you have installed the kernel source files
for your kernel and that they are
          properly configured; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example,
be sure you have the 'kernel-source' or 'kernel-devel' RPM installed.
If you know the correct kernel
          source files are installed, you may specify the kernel
source path with the '--kernel-source-path' command line option.

On Ubuntu, I can't seem to figure out information it is looking for.

2- So  I did get drivers from "Nvidia Vdpau Team" at Launchpad.net.
they installed without any issue, but I don't know if they support CUDA.

Since when I try to run the gpu version of CUDA, I get the following error.

sudo /etc/init.d/distributed-net-gpu start
Starting distributed.net client:
distributed-net-gpu/usr/bin/dnetc-gpu: error while loading shared
libraries: libcudart.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I have included the lib directory in my path, so it should be able to
find those files, but can't figure out how to open them?

Can anyone provide some possible

Philippe