[RC5] Missing Blocks - Proxy Down

Jarod McClintock myself at jlmcclintock.com
Tue Nov 17 15:26:58 EST 2009

Hi Joseph

I see what you mean.  Perhaps00000000000000000 it has something to do with
the minor hardware upgrade on 27th October, see details below.

27-Oct-2009 20:29 GMT (Tuesday) ::

Our statsbox is temporarily down while we perform some minor hardware
upgrades.  We hope to bring it back online by tomorrow.  Thanks for
your patience!

Was brought back online two days latter.

29-Oct-2009 20:46 GMT (Thursday) ::

Our statsbox should be back online and the hardware upgrade is
complete.  No work was lost while it was offline, and it has fully
caught up with the backlog.

For those who are interested in the details: It had a failing
redundant power unit and the closest replacement I could find was a
used power supply designed for a larger 4U case from the same
manufacturer on eBay.  Although I couldn't use the whole power supply,
I believed I could use its newer revision power units if I swapped the
power connectors and faceplates from the failed unit and jumpered an
unnecessary switch connection.  Fortunately this worked.  I also took
the opportunity to replace a failing case fan, re-seat all power and
drive cables, do a burn in, and upgrade its FreeBSD from 6.2-PRE to
6.4-STABLE.  Maybe we'll move to 7.2 sometime!

Thanks for your patience and continued support!

This may or may not be the cause.

Cheers
Jarod