[RC5] GPU stats not showing

Kevin McCoy kgmccoy at idk-inc.com
Sun Jun 13 11:33:22 EDT 2010

On 6/12/2010 9:11 PM, Jarod McClintock wrote:
> Thanks have sent stats to server please find updated log attached. According
> to log everything looks ok

Jarod,

I don't know if you were turning the client on and off so that you could
send us the log file, but it looks like you are only running it for a
few minutes at a time. You have to let it run for *hours* to complete a
substantial number of packets.

According to your logs, your client is set up to cache 20 packets before
sending them back to the dnet server. That could take hours/days
depending on how fast your GPU is running and how often you let it run.
If you never let it run, then it will take... forever.

Consider letting your machine run for longer periods of time.

My 2 CUDA clients run 24/7/365. I also have about 76 machines running
the OGR contest - these run 24/7/365 too. I have their cache sizes set
to dump packets to Dnet once or twice a day. You have to adjust the
number of packets to match the speed, loading and on-time of the CPU/GPU
to make the once-a-day packet dump occur. Then your dnet stats will look
normal.

Just a footnote: You can look at the log file using a text editor
without shutting the client down.

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy