[RC5] dnetc vs Win 7 - install problems

Kevin McCoy kgmccoy at idk-inc.com
Mon May 10 21:06:30 EDT 2010

I am having problems with workstations that have been upgraded from XP
to Win7 Professional, 32-bit.. Does anyone know if there are any dnetc
client issues with this platform?

I am trying to install the client as a service. Normally I install
manually using the -install parameter in XP, but now dnetc.exe complains
about access-denied problems and quits. At the time I was logged in as
domain admin, so I don't think there should be any access issues.

Are there any special INI settings I need to use to force the client to
store its files somewhere besides the EXE directory? Is the client smart
enough to store its temp and log files in the app data directory on
Vista/Win 7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin G. McCoy