[RC5] dnetc vs Win 7 - install problems

Kevin McCoy kgmccoy at idk-inc.com
Tue May 11 00:57:03 EDT 2010

On 5/10/2010 7:17 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> You may need to run that command from an elevated command prompt
> (Right-Click Command Prompt ->  Run as Administrator).  UAC in Windows 7
> means that even domain admins aren't an administrator by default, and you
> need admin rights to install a service.

That makes sense. I successfully installed the dnet client on a 64 bit
Win7 box (mine). It probably worked because I am admin on my own box,
and domain admin on everyone Else's.

I'll try remoting in as the machine admin tomorrow and see if I can't
complete the installs. I have a lot of machines to do!

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy