[RC5] rc5 stream client under linux

Bartek Kochan bartek.kochan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 05:19:09 EDT 2010

2010/9/4 Bruce Slade <4x4toyotapu at gmail.com>:
> I have been messing around trying to get the stream client to run under
> ubuntu.  I downloaded the ATI driver .run file and compiled that.  Fired
> stuff back up and issued the command ./dnetc -config   and received a
> "no such file or directory" error.  So apparently ./dnetc is not finding
> the library file(s) or the path isn't reflecting variable name and
> definition as needed.  However the docs with the stream client do not
> state that anything needs to be defined as they do for the cuda
> client.   And in my advancing old age I can't for the life of me
> remember the linux/unit command to use to find out what file(s).dir(s)
> that ./dnetc is looking for when it runs...........   anyone running the
> stream client under linux that could help me either via the mail list or
> shoot me an email?

hi!

two things here that I had problems with:

- the X server must be started for the dnetc client to work (
developers not sure why but the graphics code in the X server does
some needed initialization of the graphics hardware )

- if You have got 64 bit linux system You also need 32 bit
compatibility libraries , the client is 32 bit only ( this also
affects speed I have ati 5870 and under linux 64bit it gives me around
1200 MKeys/s , under windows xp  32 bit around 1900 MKeys/s )

What hardware / software are U using ?

Happy cracking !
Bart