[RC5] Hardware for replacement stats server

Jeff Lawson bovine at distributed.net
Fri Sep 3 13:18:22 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that we are close to having some
replacement hardware for our stats server.  We're currently planning
on replacing "fritz" with two separate 1U servers that are being
decommissioned and donated to us.  This should give us some more
flexibility in terms of redundancy and database replication.

However, before bringing these machines online we need to upgrade
their RAM and disks.  What we're looking for are:

16x DDR2 PC2-3200 Registered ECC, or faster (1GB or 2GB sticks)
4x SATA drives 3.5", 7200rpm or faster (1TB or 2TB)

If you think you have some spare RAM or disks matching these specs and
would like to donate to us, email me directly and we can work out the
shipping details.

We're also accepting creative suggestions for the new names of these
two machines.  Try to think of a clever naming theme for the two
machines that somehow relates to statistics, accounting, databases,
and cows, if possible!

Thanks ]:8)