[RC5] DNETC is not backing down with CST needs processing power

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Wed Feb 23 20:59:29 EST 2011

Hello,

I have a large server (24 logical CPU's) that can run DNETC, but for
some reason when an application is started by someone else, DNETC
doesn't recognize this, and doesn't relinquish the CPU processing time.

The software is called CST (http://www.cst.com/).  I was wondering if
someone else has come across this issue?

Since the user running CST and the DNETC user are not the same, I
can't check from processes manually.  This is happening on an Windows
Server 2008 R2.

For now, I have backed off the user of all CPU, but this is a
sub-optimal solution.  If someone else has come across this issue, I
would like to know how they solved it.

thanks

Philippe