[RC5] installing CUDA client on Mac OS

Andrew Hime andrewhime at verizon.net
Wed Jun 8 22:30:23 EDT 2011

On 6/8/2011 4:15 PM, Jeff Lawson wrote:
> If you're using bash/sh try:
>
> export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/library/

MacOS defaults to bash, so this would be the best first step.

> It might be easiest if you create a simple shell script that sets it
> and then just runs the client.  I've been considering bundling such a
> shell script with the mac client just to simplify these steps.

Macs are touted for their ease of use, I expect that this would be a
really good step to take if you want to increase penetration. In fact,
if you can redo the packaging BEFORE a new version of the client is
released, I would recommend it.

Better to head the problems off at the pass if you know about them.