[RC5] cudart32_31_9.dll missing error

Mike Reed mikereedwt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:56:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have an 8500 GT and it's similar. I don't use the screen saver though; I
have to remember to enable it when I go away from the keyboard.

I wouldn't recommend getting the DLLs from anyone but nVidia.

Dnetc CPU performance is reduced when the GPU version is running. It still
amazes me how quick those cards are compared to CPUs from a few years ago.

Mike

On Monday, 3 October 2011, Joseph Kaye <jkaye at isd.net> wrote:
> Hello Mike
>
> I have an 8400GS, and it is painfully slow updating the screen when
> dnetc is running on it.  There ain't much that can be done unfortunately
> - the card is just that slow, even when overclocked. :)
>

> --Joseph
>

> On 9/30/2011 10:28 PM, Mike Burgess wrote:
>> Dang, I just got a nvidia 8400gs , found on a folding at home mail list, how
to get the missing Dll  hiding here:
>> http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=16624 (near bottom of page)
>>   http://stanford.edu/~friedrim/cudart32_31_9.dll
>> and got it working - BUT, it's not playing nice with anything.  It hogs
all the GPU and makes the system agonizingly slow, and when I try to use the
screen saver, it only runs about half speed, but still way faster than with
CPU, which does play nicely.