[RC5] cudart32_31_9.dll missing error

Mike Burgess mike_burgess at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 23:28:50 EDT 2011

Dang, I just got a nvidia 8400gs , found on a folding at home mail list, how to get the missing Dll  hiding here:
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=16624 (near bottom of page)
 http://stanford.edu/~friedrim/cudart32_31_9.dll
and got it working - BUT, it's not playing nice with anything.  It hogs all the GPU and makes the system agonizingly slow, and when I try to use the screen saver, it only runs about half speed, but still way faster than with CPU, which does play nicely.

Suggestions - without AMD58xx as solution ?

Mike

---
Hi Warut

Download nVidia CUDA 3.1 SDK from nvidia.com and get that DLL from
there. This is how I fixed mine.

Better solution though would be replacing your nVidia with a cheapo
AMD 5850 or even 5870 GPU - a) no extra DLLs needed b) keyrate is like
10 times faster than with CUDA. nVidia GPUs are a waste of money with
regard to RC5-72 (and gaming too).

Good luck anyway.

VV