[RC5] power consumption

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jul 3 01:14:44 EDT 2012

On 7/2/2012 17:43, Relkin, Paul wrote:
[TRIM]
> It's exciting that it is becoming increasingly feasible to crack RC5-72. But for
> now, I'm not sure that cracking the secret message a few years sooner is worth
> the environmental and economic consequences of crunching on the less efficient
> hardware available today.

OK... so what is your point? it is going to be done, one way or the other... by
us or by some gov't entity... US or otherwise... the main thing is that those
who can and want to do contribute... personally, i have numerous power providing
instruments that are recording 500+ watts each for the machine they are
providing power for... are you asking me to deny the project my miniscule
computing power for a little bit of carbon foot print when there are many other
much larger companies who are talking the talk but grossly failing to walk the
walk?? at least what i am providing is going to the larger collective... carbon
footprint or not...