[RC5] dnetc on the Raspberry Pi

repton at repton.org repton at repton.org
Sun Jun 17 06:38:00 EDT 2012

Morning all,

Has anyone else tried the d.net client on a Raspberry Pi? For those who
don't know what one of those is, it is a credit card sized ARM based linux
box that you can get for under 30quid delivered here in the UK. It has a
700MHz ARM CPU, 256MB of RAM, 2 USB ports, 10/100 ethernet and HMDI
graphics and uses an SD card for storage.

Anyway, I've put dnetc on it and it's happily crunching away at the rc5-72
project at around 770kkeys/s. Nothing special in terms of keyrate but it
wasn't really designed for performance.

One interesting point to note is that from what I've read the RasPi has a
very powerful GPU on it and I was wondering if someone a lot brighter than
me has considered doing an rc5 core for it that makes full use of the GPU?

Paul

--
Paul Everett
repton at repton dot org