[RC5] OGR-28

Roman Trunov proxyma at tula.net
Thu Nov 29 04:10:25 EST 2012

Hello,

Unfortunately, these estimations are not quite correct. We're at the end
of stubspace, where stubs are very, very short. So why absolute numbers
in stub counts are so high. As soon as we'll recycle (within a week or
two), stub counts will return back to usual values.

We could assume that a third recycle pass will be required to verify
unreturned and mismatched stubs. This is not an exact value, because
we'll complete 70-72% before recycle and actual amount of job required
could be less then 1/3, but we could use this as starting point. Early,
we had:

1st pass - 729 days
2nd pass - 520 days (estimated)

So, very, very, very optimistic estimation for third pass, considering
increasing computing power, could be 1 year.

As for OGR-28, it's ready to run, we could switch to it almost
transparently. Probably no client update will be necessary.
Even-numbered OGRs are usually shorter then odd ones, so OGR-28 is
expected to be same or even shorter then OGR-27.

Roman