[RC5] work unit rotation

Robert A. Rosenberg dnet at rarpsl.com
Wed Sep 5 14:41:46 EDT 2012

At 08:38 -0700 on 09/05/2012, jp68 wrote about [RC5] work unit rotation:

>What I'm  wondering is if there is any work unit date/age selection
>involved so
>that the oldest work units in the buff-in file would be completed before
>newer ones were??

While I can not answer your question, if your intent is to insure
that old units are processed before new ones, you can do this by
setting your running client to flush its work into a 2nd set of
buffers as well as refresh from the 2nd set of buffers. By keeping
the number of work units low it will periodically flush and refresh.
The 2nd set of buffers are controlled by a 2nd client you just launch
to do the -import (and you just copy the completed work to your flash
drive and delete the file). This will cause the refresh to get the
oldest units.