[RC5] work unit rotation

Robert A. Rosenberg dnet at rarpsl.com
Fri Sep 7 23:27:07 EDT 2012

At 23:12 +0100 on 09/05/2012, Mike Reed wrote about Re: [RC5] work
unit rotation:

>Hi,
>
>What is wrong with letting the client handle the buffers?
>
>Kind regards,
>Mike

Nothing if you let the buffers flush and refresh. This will insure
that all the blocks get processed before you get new blocks. The
stated scenario however does not insure that you process all the
blocks before adding more. If newly added blocks can get processed
before ones that were there before they were added, then in theory
you can keep adding blocks that jump to the top of the queue and thus
prevent older blocks from ever getting selected. I am NOT saying that
this can occur and that the queue is not processed FIFO. My suggested
method just insures that all blocks are processed and some do not get
stalled due to newly added blocks.