[RC5] how to install client on kubuntu precise

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Dec 9 11:20:51 EST 2013

On 12/9/2013 5:23 AM, Roman Trunov wrote:
> No need to specify password because "su" is running from root context and
> could became anybody.

ahhh... this is the aspect i was missing... thanks!

> Don't forget to check permissions on client files, especially buffers - make
>  sure no root-owned files left.

oh yeah, definitely...

1. cd dnetc directory
2. sudo /etc/init.d/dnetc stop
3. sudo vi /etc/init.d/dnetc
4. make changes to one line, save and exit
5. sudo chown user:user *     #'user' is the desired user account
6. sudo /etc/init.d/dnetc start
7. use top or ps to verify dnetc is running with specified user account
8. cat latest dnetc YYMMDD.log file to ensure that it is running as desired

it took me longer to write the above steps than it did to actually perform them
on numerous machines via ssh ;)