[RC5] how to install client on kubuntu precise
wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Dec 9 11:20:51 EST 2013
On 12/9/2013 5:23 AM, Roman Trunov wrote:
> No need to specify password because "su" is running from root context and
> could became anybody.
ahhh... this is the aspect i was missing... thanks!
> Don't forget to check permissions on client files, especially buffers - make
> sure no root-owned files left.
oh yeah, definitely...
1. cd dnetc directory
2. sudo /etc/init.d/dnetc stop
3. sudo vi /etc/init.d/dnetc
4. make changes to one line, save and exit
5. sudo chown user:user * #'user' is the desired user account
6. sudo /etc/init.d/dnetc start
7. use top or ps to verify dnetc is running with specified user account
8. cat latest dnetc YYMMDD.log file to ensure that it is running as desired
it took me longer to write the above steps than it did to actually perform them
on numerous machines via ssh ;)
NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless
private contact is specifically requested and granted.
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
More information about the rc5