[RC5] Opterons that have the lzcnt feature

Joseph Kaye jkaye at isd.net
Fri Feb 1 16:51:45 EST 2013

Is there any way to tell which AMD Opterons have the lzcnt feature?

Backstory:

I have a couple of 4 socket Tyan s4985g3nr motherboards that currently
have Opteron 8216's in them.  I can only upgrade to these models of the
Opteron:

8346HE, 8347, 8347HE, 8350, 8350HE 8354, 8356, 8358SE, 8360SE
(www.tyan.com/support_download_cpu2.aspx?socketid=16)

Where can I find out if any of these models support lzcnt?

According to Wikipedia, the Barcelona architecture has lzcnt. According
to Tyan, those models listed above are Barcelona's.

I just can't seem to find anything that says "These CPU models support
lzcnt:"

Thanks in advance!

--Joseph