[RC5] difference between cuda and stream

Mike Reed mikereedwt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 18:10:28 EST 2013

Hi,

To follow on from my earlier notes..

If you look at bug 4512 in bugzilla, you will see that the AMD HD 7870
chip running at 1 Ghz can turn over RC5 keys at a rate of 1.9 Gk/sec.
This is a speed of over 7 stats units per second. At these speeds, I/O
becomes a limiting factor, which is one of the reasons that we have
moved towards larger packets of work.

Kind regards,
Mike