[RC5] [Fwd: Old OGR-27 bug]

Roman Trunov proxyma at tula.net
Thu Jan 31 04:01:33 EST 2013

rreid at sunset.net wrote:

> In light of the message below from 2011-04-11, will we need to revisit
> stub spaces 1 through 3 with later clients to be sure all stubs are
> processed, or does the mentioned bug only affect stubspace 4?

This bug affects OGR-27 and above, all stubspaces. Keymaster already
knows how to avoid this bug on stubspace 4 (and upcoming OGR-28) and
handles this automatically. Unfortunately, the bug was fixed when
stubspaces 1-3 has already been completed. So revisit still could be
necessary. Chances of bug to appear are very low, but we must be sure
that we didn't missed something.

We'll need more pass. I think it could be done close to the end of
OGR-27, to use as much as possible updated clients. It could even be
mixed with OGR-28. Anyway, with current rates it should not take more
then couple of weeks.

Roman