[RC5] Big Trouble in Little China?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jul 23 23:18:42 EDT 2013

On 7/23/2013 22:14, Mike Reed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our friend Greg and his wife Amy were returning home to New Zealand from
> holidays in Europe when Amy unexpectedly gave birth to a premature baby girl (27
> weeks gestation). Mom and baby Lily are doing OK now... but they're stuck in
> Shanghai for the time being.

this really really really smells of recent scams about friends or family being
on a trip somewhere and asking for donations to help them get home... they
aren't in trouble and any donations go to the scam artist(s) and not the friends
or family members...

my advice is stay away unless and until this "sad story" is proven via other
unrelated channels...

FWIW: yes, i work with network security all the time... phishing and scams like
this appears to be are quite common...